At Wildwood we take your privacy seriously. We only collect information we believe we need.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Who we are
Wildwood Cornwall Ltd is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our email address is email@example.com.
Our website URL is https://wildwoodcornwall.co.uk.
Our postal address is Wildwood Cornwall Ltd, 28-30 Lansdown Road, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 8BN, UK. This address can be used for postal correspondence too.
3. What personal data we collect and why
The lawful basis of processing information about you is either for the performance of a contract (for example, where you register as a customer or purchase products from our site or by contacting us through social media) or the legitimate interests of Wildwood Cornwall Ltd to study customer activity in order to tailor product lines and enhance our business and customer experience. We have set out below how we collect this data for these purposes.
3.1 How we collect data
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- Purchase from us online; we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- – Send you information about your account and order
- – Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- – Process payments and prevent fraud
- – Set up your account for our store
- – Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- – Improve our store offerings
- – Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you place an order using our in-store, telephone or social media ordering services. This may include your name (including business name), address, contact (including telephone number and email address), clothing size and payment details;
- Enter any competitions.
- Interact with us using social media; including when you comment on a post, join a competition/draw, or message us directly.
- Contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
- Provide online feedback or reviews.
3.2 Other ways in which we collect data;
- We may collect details from you through maintaining our business relationship with you, such as following up on order processing, delivery details, requesting further information on your order or requesting you to write us a review.
- Data analytics- from time to time we may use technical data analytics to improve our website, products, services and customer relationships.
- Most cookies used on our website do not contain personal data, however some do. Please read our ‘cookies’ section below.
- Your image may be captured on CCTV when visiting our Bude store. These images are only shared with a third party if it is requested of us by law.
- Products you’ve viewed on our website: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- When purchasing with us online we will collect your location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
3.3 Contact forms
If you use a contact form on our website, the information submitted through them are used to respond to or receive your contact request, the information is not used for marketing purposes.
3.4 How we use your information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- Provide any information and services that you have requested or any goods that you have ordered;
- Detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes);
- Contact you to return queries about future stock, ordering, product queries, competition entries or other request.
- To enhance your customer experience when shopping online with us.
- Notify you of new deals and products through a promotional newsletter. You choose to opt in to these emails and can opt out at any point.
What Are Cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Orders processing related cookies
- This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Forms related cookies
- When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit.
3.6 Sensitive information
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. Providing us with information about others
If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any obligation and consent obligations under applicable data protection laws in relation to such disclosure. In so far as required by applicable data protection laws, you must ensure that you have provided the required notices and have obtained the individual’s explicit consent to provide us with the information and that you explain to them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information or direct them to read our Privacy Notice.
5. Who we share your information with
There are some instances where we would share some of your information with third parties, in order to fulfil our duty to you as a customer. These instances are listed below;
- For delivery purposes your name and address details may be passed on to courier or postal services to assist in processing your order and delivery. The main companies we use are Hermes, the Royal Mail and collect plus. Please read their relevant data protection policies if you wish to find out how your information is stored with them.
- With IT services and system administration services to safely manage the website and business administration.
- In some circumstances there may be an obligation for us to pass details on when requested to law enforcement agencies, HMRC revenue and customs and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities.
- Visitor comments on our website may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- With your permission we may share information with third parties if you require information or services we are unable to assist with, at your request.
6. Data retention
Information you provide to us is often stored in electronic form via internet queries or website purchase. Information is kept in this format until you request this information be deleted. On some occasions your information may be provided to us verbally and transcribed to handwritten paper copy, in this format we dispose safely of your information once the information has been used for its purpose (for example, to post an item to your address).
7. Data security
We only share information to third parties, as listed above, when absolutely necessary. Only staff who monitor the website and orders have access to our customer information. We take the protection of your data very seriously.
We have taken action to maintain a high level of security for your data protection. In the extremely rare case that there was an internal personal data breech, our monitoring systems would allow us to notify you as appropriate.
8. Your data rights
You have the right, at any time, to request that any of your personal data that we have stored, be deleted. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can make a request for this at any time, to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 7 days. Occasionally it may take us longer than this if your request is complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you within 7 days and keep you updated.
You have the right to unsubscribe to any marketing correspondence and unregister from any account on our site at any time. To do so, please use the unsubscribe button on any marketing email, or deactivate your account when logged into your account on our site.
10. Contact us
Wildwood Cornwall Ltd, 28-30 Lansdown Road, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 8BN.